Paid and unpaid internships offer students real-world experience in one of the top contemporary art museums in Arizona.
Internship opportunities at the museum
Academic credit and volunteer internships
Academic and volunteer internships at ASU Art Museum provide current ASU undergraduate and graduate students with exciting opportunities to work on a variety of hands-on projects under the direction of museum staff. A student pursuing any major is allowed to apply for a position; all we ask is that applicants are passionate about the art and museum sector.
- Internships are project-based and span all departments
- Interns have direct access to staff
- Internships are open to all majors
- Internships are part-time (120-160 total work hours) and offered three sessions per year: spring, summer and fall.
- All interns receive a one-year membership to the museum
The deadlines for applications are: Fall August 1, Spring December 23 and Summer March 30. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interns will be selected based on the candidate’s personal statement, references and academic standing. Interviews may be solicited in the final selection process. All applicants will be notified of the museum’s decision to offer or decline an internship within four weeks of the application deadline.
Beginning in January 2005, ASU Art Museum announced a series of paid internships sponsored by the Windgate Charitable Foundation, originally called the Windgate Curatorial Internships. Today, the museum offers five such internships that span multiple museum disciplines:
- Windgate Curatorial Programs Internship
- Windgate Conservation Lab Internship
- Windgate Visual Communications Internship
- Windgate Education Internship
- Windgate Registrarial Internship
Graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled in degree programs at ASU are eligible for these annual internships, which are posted through the ASU Student Employment office.