September 18-30, 2005
Join in the pleasure and excitement of fully escorted international travel on the ASU Art Museum’s second trip to South America.
ASU Art Museum tour hosts: Marilyn A. Zeitlin, director/chief curator and Ted Decker, manager of special museum initiatives.
- Privileged access to private collections, artists’ studios and contemporary art galleries in Brazil and Argentina
- Enjoy 4-star hotel accommodations and exceptional regional cuisine at top-rated restaurants in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Buenos Aires
- Guided visits to significant architectural sites, gardens and museums, including the Museu de Arte Contemporânea – University of São Paulo, the Museum’s new international partner
- Private samba lessons and evenings of bossa nova in Rio de Janeiro and tango in Buenos Aires
- Schooner cruise through Guanabara Bay as the sun sets over Rio de Janeiro, one of the world’s most beautiful cities
- Exclusive visit to the residence and art pavilion of Brazil’s largest contemporary art collector
- Buenos Aires historical city tour guided by University of Buenos Aires history professor
- Trip proceeds support the ASU Art Museum’s rapidly expanding initiatives in exhibiting and collecting Latin American art. The ASU Art Museum is pleased to be collaborating with Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, San Antonio, on this trip.
- Encounter art through the eyes of curators, and participate in thoughtful and lively discussions with experts and fellow intellectually curious travelers